All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 18 February 2012

Nails Inc Magnetic Polishes

Now, when I speak to most people about magnetic nail polish they assume that it gives my nails the ability to pick up small metal objects.  For those people who haven't seen this type of polish before, it doesn't.... sorry!

So what is it?  It's a polish that creates a cool 3D kind of effect on the nails when a small magnet is placed over the top.
I first saw the magnetic polishes by LCN on various blogs.  I'd never seen anything like this before, although from what I gather this isn't a new thing!  Shortly after I saw that, Nails Inc announced they were bringing out their own range of magnetics and I ended up pre-ordering their first 3 colours straight away!

Nails Inc Magnetic Polish Collection £13 each from nailsinc.com



It's quite simple to achieve the effect.  Apply a first coat just like you would with any other polish.  Allow to dry for a few minutes then, one nail at a time, apply a second coat and immediately hold the magnet directly above the nail for around 10 seconds avoiding touching the wet polish.  I found it's best to leave to dry for 20-30 minutes before applying the top coat.  Once you get the hang of where to position the magnet it's a quick and easy effect to achieve.

Here I take a look at magnetic polishes by Nails Inc. Be warned... there are lots of photos!  :)


Nails Inc Magnetic Nail Polish with removable magnet outer cap


Remove the outer magnet cap

Magnet & lip for perfect positioning

Lets take a look at each of the colours.  The first 3 to be released were Big Ben (gold), Houses Of Parliment (purple) and Trafalgar Square (silver)

Big Ben
This was the first magnetic polish I tried.  It didn't work so well.  It was thick and goopy when I first opened it although it actually applied nice and even.  I could have cried with frustration when I tried to get the magnetic effect.  I read and re-read the instructions to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.  After turning to the internet for answers I discovered that it wasn't just me having problems with this one.  The effect is so vague it's barely noticeable.  It's no longer available so there must have been something wrong with the formulation of the polish.  I considered sending this one back for a refund but I really love this shade of gold.  It is so thick that it gives coverage in one coat.

Nails Inc Magnetic Polish - Big Ben

You can just about see the effect in the pictures.

My un-magnetised thumb.

The rest of the magnetic range apply wonderfully and create a magnificent 3D effect which, in photos, just doesn't show through as well as in real life.  Clicking on the links will take you to the relevant Nails Inc page.

Houses Of Parliment - metallic silvery purple



un-magnetised


Trafalgar Square - chrome




Turn the magnet around to get different effects!  I love how this looks.


Whitehall - metallic teal




Un-magnetised

Kensington Palace - metallic raspberry




Un-magnetised

London Town - metallic taupe




Un-magnetised

I think my favourite colours are Trafalgar Square and Kensington Palace.  I love all of the colours in this collection, they're all completely wearable.  I definitely prefer these to the shatter polishes.
Have you tried any magnetic polishes?  What do you think of them?

Jen
xoxo

3 comments

  1. Wow I love the purple, red and the blue!! They look so amazing!! I can't wait to get some and try for myself :) hehe. Good post, I haven't actually seen that many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REd and Black..!!
    Whoa..!!
    they are way too good :)

    I Diva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just gorgeous :) Such an interesting effect and so easy to do!

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin