All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 16 February 2015

MY TOP FACIAL DUO FOR DEHYDRATED SKIN

 

Ahh, long time no blog!  I've not been in much of a blogging mood since December.  I think I may have burned myself out attempting to post every day during Blogmas.  I've barely blogged, or even read any of my favourite blogs, for months now; obviously I needed a bit of a break!  Now I'm back and the blog has a new look... what do you think?  Anyway, I've really missed talking about beauty products here so lets just move on to today's post already!

The skin on my face has always been on the dry side, well actually just my skin in general, so I'm always on the hunt for products that will give me a big boost of hydration.  A good few years ago a friend of mine recommended the Vitamin E range at The Body Shop so I duly popped down to my local store and picked up a tub of moisturising cream.  It was my first true skincare love.




After spending several years apart I've recently rediscovered my love for this little pot of moisture.  To my absolute joy there are many more new additions to the range since I last purchased all those years ago.  This time, as winter was fast approaching, I chose their Intense Moisture Cream.  If you suffer from dry and dehydrated skin like myself you will know the misery that the winter months will wage against your skin.  I need serious moisture to stop my face from looking dull and flaky, so this product is exactly what I need.  Whilst the cream is thick and rich, it doesn't feel too heavy and greasy on my skin.  Instead it sinks in nicely leaving my face with lovely silky soft skin.

I picked this up on special offer in a little duo gift set.  Its partner in crime was the Overnight Serum-In-Oil.  I do love a good face oil and feel it adds a touch of luxury to my evening skincare routine, so this seemed like a good deal to me. The oil is dispensed from a little pipette attached to the inside of the screw on cap, which I prefer to other types such as a pump.  I use about 4 drops and massage onto my face and neck after cleansing.  Again, just like the moisturising cream, this isn't heavy at all nor does it feel greasy on the skin. Left on overnight it works it's magic whilst I sleep and I wake up to soft, fresh looking skin which needs only light moisturising in the morning.

Together these two work wonders for my skin in the winter and I find that I don't struggle with any flakiness.  A winning combination!  What are your dry skin heroes?



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

  1. Vitamin e range is fabulous! You should try the superdrug range is fab also. It's full of the body shop dupes but it's pretty decent considering the price point! X

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin