All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 5 January 2015

DECEMBER DEGUSTABOX


It seems a little late to be posting about this in January as it was Degustabox's Christmas themed box but here we have the last box of 2014.  There's some good stuff inside, some of which hasn't had a proper taste test yet, with a combination of party worthy products and a few health boosting treats.



I'm a big lover of oats so this was a pleasure to pull out of my box.  It's quite handy in the fact that all it needs is water to be added meaning this is not only a healthy breakfast choice but also convenient for me to take to work.  I don't know much about Chia seed but it sounds like it is full of healthy essentials.


Whilst I enjoy a decent coffee, I'm very typically British in the sense that I love a cup of tea.  This Pukka Herbs Clean Green Tea is the perfect beverage for those of us detoxing this month.  As a firm believer in the cleansing power of lemons I enjoy a mug of warm water with a slice of lemon whenever I can in the morning. This is a nice change up and, as each tea bag is individually wrapped, more convenient for work days so I can enjoy a zesty brew in the office.  The addition of the dandelion root gives it a hint of warmth and depth in the form of a slight liquorice flavour.  A quick Google tells me that dandelion is a liver cleanser too, which is probably beneficial for most following the over indulgences of the festive season.


Yet more from Kents Kitchen and a duplicate from a couple of boxes ago.  I like the idea of this but last time I didn't like the flavour I was sent as it was way too spicy (review here).  Instead of the previous Rogan Josh, this time I have Madras. I'll give this a go and hopefully I'll like this one.


I would have been happy to have one pack of Bahlsen Choco Leibniz inside this box but to have two?  I've had both the milk chocolate and caramel flavours before and they are seriously good.  The chocolate tastes high quality and typically European whilst the biscuit is crisp and crunchy.  A thin layer of caramel sits between the biscuit and the chocolate.  As a bit of a fiend for caramel I would have liked more but for most people it is just enough to get the flavour without making it too sweet and sickly.


Tell me I'm not the only one who read this as 'heisenberg' the first time?  The idea behind this is great for people who don't drink, designated drivers and calorie counters (just 24 calories in a small glass).  I received a bottle of Riesling in my box which I am yet to try but I am very interested to find out if it tastes like its alcoholic counterpart.  It costs less than your average bottle of wine (£3.49) and there are other wines in the range including Rosé and Cabernet Sauvingnon.


I do love the convenience of spray oils like Fry Light.  Whilst it's essential for some cooking methods I do try to keep my oil usage to a minimum and find spray oils help me to use less.  They're also mega clean and easy to use.  The idea of having a flavoured oil in such convenient form is great and will provide a bit of a kick to dishes when I'm feeling a bit on the lazy side.


I'm completely snacked out after Christmas but these Popchips are a lighter, less greasy treat.  I found my Original flavour Popchips way too salty for my liking but the texture was light and crisp.  Less like a traditional potato crisp and more like a rice cracker I thought.  I wouldn't get this flavour again but I'd possibly try their black pepper or salt and vinegar flavours.


Another interesting set of products in the form of these Gloworm mixers.  They are rather classy looking cans of stimulating drinks in some very different flavour combinations, my favourite two being Cucumber & Apple and Ginger & Lemongrass.  I chose to enjoy these without any alcohol mixed in and found the flavours to be subtle but tasty.  At £1.50 a can I probably wouldn't buy these again but I do think they are a great way to modernise the way you drink your favourite spirits.


Yet another jar of marmalade.  We had one a few boxes back and I still haven't finished that yet.  This one doesn't look anywhere near as attractive as the last and instead has a kind of "homemade on a farm" kind of appeal.  I really hate the look of it, the fact that the label isn't straight really irritates me, but once I have finished the jar I have already opened I will give this one a try.




Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

  1. I like the gold nail polish I've been looking for one for a long time.

    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin