All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 28 October 2013

My 3 Hair Heroes


It's already that time of year when it's forever damp and grey outside.  I don't know about you but the daily barrage of cold windy weather and central heating plays havoc with the condition of my hair.  Recently I've discovered a few new hair care favourites which I'm hoping will help me to keep on top over the coming months.  Here are 3 of my current favourites:


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer is literally my hair saviour.  I've written about this product several times already so any regular readers will already know why I've fallen head over heels for this.  I started using this when I received it in a beauty box around two years ago and I've not yet used anything else that has made such a difference to the condition of my hair.  About a year prior to trying this I had a hair colouring accident which completely ruined my hair and nothing I tried could bring it back to its original condition until I laid my hands on this.  I love the thick creamy texture it has which enables it to stay put for the 20 or so minutes it gets left in my hair.  I use this on my natural hair once every 1-2 weeks, depending on how bad the condition of my hair is, and on my extensions once a month.  It is on the expensive side but worth every single penny for the fantastic results it gives.

Fudge Dynamite Rebuilder* is a recent addition to my hair care routine.  It works really well as a general conditioner for my dry hair and I use this every time I wash my hair, applying after shampooing and leaving it in to work for about 5 minutes or so.  The main difference I notice is that my hair is much more shiny and healthy looking.  Just like the Elasticizer this has a thick, creamy consistency which is exactly how I want my conditioner to be.  I can slather it on and know it will stay put to do what it needs to whilst I get on with the rest of my shower.  It's great value for money so I highly recommend giving this one a go if you suffer from dry or damaged hair.

I started to use Montibello Gold Oil Essence a couple of weeks ago.  I do like the idea of hair oils but I don't think I have tried one that has truly wowed me before.  This one seems to be working quite well for me so far.  I use this on the ends and mid-lengths of my hair after straightening and it seems to give my hair that little extra something.  It gives a luxurious feel making my hair seem that little bit softer and more manageable.  The texture of the oil is really nice and it is absorbed into the hair so there is none of that awful greasy feel afterwards unlike some other hair oils.  I just find this super pleasant to use and although it initially seems a little pricey I only need to use to tiniest amount each time so this is going to last me quite a long time.



Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin