All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 16 December 2012

Baroque & Roll Beauty Awards - My 2012 Favourites!

Now it's almost the end of 2012 (already!), I've been planning to do a post with my favourite products of the year.  I thought I'd have a bit of fun with it so I've put together my own little awards post to show off my most loved products of this year.





Favourite Perfume



Acqua Di Gioia by Giorgio Armani
I've gone through so many bottles of this perfume over the last couple of years.  The scent is very me and I get so many compliments when I wear it (which is almost every day!).  I love how fresh it smells and it just seems to last all day.  I'll never stop buying this unless they stop making it!


Favourite Moisturiser



Coherence L.IR by Lierac
The most luxurious moisturiser I've ever used (with a price tag to match!).  A product I received in one of my beauty boxes and which I thoroughly enjoyed using.  The scent of this product is amazing, I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the pomegranate extracts?  The velvety cream left my skin feeling fresh and firm.  It's definitely an investment at around £60 for 50ml but, considering how long this sample size lasted (15ml I believe), the full size would last several months!  My personal opinion is that it's worth the price for the results I got so I would find myself saving up to purchase it again.  Until then I'll continue using my runner up, Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet Creme.


Favourite Face Mask



Dead Sea Spa Magik Delicate Boosting Mask
This was a tough category as I've tried several wonderful masks in the last year, Dermalogica's Multi-vitamin Power Recover Masque and Lush's Oatifix to name a few.  This mask really stood out for me though.  I love the thick, easy to apply texture and it gives me such lovely soft skin.  It's great to use once a week and is just perfect for my sensitive skin.


Favourite Make Up Remover



Taaj Himalaya Micellar Water
Best make up remover ever!  Do I need to say more?  No, but I will anyway  :)  It's insanely gentle and removes make up and general daily dirt effortlessly.  I moisten cotton wool pads and wipe over my face a couple of times and my face feels incredibly fresh, almost like it's brand new!  It's my super star product and I would encourage everyone to give this a try.


Favourite Hair Product



Elasticizer by Philip Kingsley
My hair saviour!  I started using this a few months after a bad dye job left me with dry, brittle hair.  I started using this twice a week before shampooing and saw a massive difference after the first application.  The condition of my hair improved greatly week by week feeling stronger and softer.  I now only use this once a week, applying to damp hair and leaving for 20 minutes before rinsing and shampooing, and have invested in a giant tub of it!


Favourite Bath/Shower Product



Rituals Foaming Shower Gel in T'ai Chi
My goodness this smells amazing!  The white lotus and green tea fragrance is incredibly fresh and is the perfect wake-me-up for morning showers.  A small amount of the gel produces plenty of velvety soft foam to cover the whole body.  I find this really moisturising and the scent lingers nicely on the skin for some time after showering.


Favourite Exfoliator



Dead Sea Spa Magik Salt Brushing
A brilliant body scrub which I like to use once a week.  The oils in this smell absolutely amazing and help to keep my skin lovely and soft.  I much prefer to use natural exfoliates such as sea salt as I find they are much more gentle than their artificial counterparts.  I use before showering simply applying to the skin and gently massaging until the salt disappears.  It doesn't irritate my skin or leave a greasy oil-slick residue like some other body scrubs do.


Favourite Lip Product



Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain
In the last few months I've really been getting into lipstick and I think it's entirely down to this product.  In the past I've shied away from lipstick partially due to my laziness of trying to find a complimentary shade for my skin tone and learning how to get it to stay put (I find having to constantly re-apply some lipsticks too annoying for words).  I love this because it is a stain so it has excellent staying power.  Another feature is that it is supposed to adjust to match your skin tone, on me it is a beautiful rosy pink.  So that is both of my lipstick bugbears taken care of and it has now ignited a need for me to investigate other lip products.  It is truly fool proof and so easy to wear.  I guarantee you will get compliments whilst wearing this! 


Favourite Eyeshadow



Fearne Cotton Eye Shimmers
I adore Fearne's make up collections.  I love the design, packaging and quality of products.  I buy a few pieces from Boots every Christmas taking advantage of their 3 for 2 gift offers to treat myself.  I can't tell you how gutted I am that I am not in the UK this year to get hold of them (although I'm seriously tempted to have some sent to my parents home to await my return in spring  :) ).  Anyway, these loose eyeshadows are jam packed with shimmer and feel silky soft.  I find these really easy to apply but they are not very opaque so you may find yourself spending a bit of time building the colour up or applying over a more pigmented shadow.  Well worth treating yourself to this Christmas.


Favourite Hand & Nail Product



Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter
What a fab name!  It smells divine and I love to pamper my hands and nails with this, not to mention treating random dry patches on my body.  I find it a little greasy so I tend to use this at night before going to bed so by the time I wake up it has been fully absorbed.  I grabbed this in January and I still have loads left so it's very good value for money.


Favourite All Rounder



Figs & Rouge Organic Balms
Not just for lips!  I use this on any dry or flaky skin where a heavy duty moisturiser isn't required.  I'm currently using this on my nose as I'm suffering from a cold and it stops it from becoming dry and sore from tissue over use.  Quite frankly I think this is a miracle worker, they smell amazing, feel amazing and more importantly they work!  I have several and carry one around with me always.


Favourite Nail Polish Brand



Nails Inc
I love how innovative Nails Inc are.  They always seem to be coming up with exciting new nail products to give to polish lovers.  They are usually one step ahead in unveiling new products and I love seeing what they come up with.  One of my favourites has been their magnetic polish.  I loved the colours they released and found them really easy to use once I got used to the technique.



So that's it, my top products of the year.  What are your favourite beauty products from 2012?

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin