All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday 13 September 2012

My Handbag Essentials

Here's a quick look at my everyday absolute make up essentials.  This is the handful of products that I keep in my handbag and take with me pretty much everywhere I go.







If you've read my previous post about Figs & Rouge balms (here) then you've already heard me rave about them.  I keep one tin with me at all times so I can re-apply to my lips whenever I need to, at the moment it's gorgeous rambling rose in my make up bag.

I got this sample sized Jane Iredale Just kissed Lip and Cheek Stain inside one of my Jolie boxes this year and I love it.  The colour adjusts to match your skin tone and on me it's a lovely fresh rosy pink.  I've worn this on my lips a lot lately.  I love the texture of this and it glides on so effortlessly.  Unlike other lip colours it doesn't dry out my lips, it actually moisturises them making my lips lovely and soft.

One thing I can't be bothered with when it comes to eyeliners is having to sharpen them!  I know how lazy that is but I just can't be doing with it.  No such problem with Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer which is a mechanical liner.  It comes in a few pretty colours but I wear black almost everyday so I always have one with me.  The creamy texture is a complete win for me, it seems to glide on when I apply it and if I want to I can smudge it a little for a smoky look.  It even comes with a little smudging tool on the end, not to mention a sharpener if you really want to use it.

I got my Bella Pierre Mascara as part of one of my beauty boxes, I can't for the life of me remember which one!  It's a nice mascara for everyday use however I'm not sure I would pay the £20 price tag to get this again.  I've enjoyed using it as it doesn't clump and I generally only need one coat for a natural everyday look.  But £20... not when I've used other brands and had the same results for less than half the price.

I love Urban Decay Primer Potions to bits.  I have both the original and sin, the latter of which I tend to use more.  It's great to use under eye shadows and ensures my make up stays put all day with no creasing, fading or smudging.  Sometimes I just like to use sin on it's own.  It's neutral colour and shimmer highlights my eyes and gives me a really pretty natural look.

Finally, every girl needs a pretty mirror to carry around with them!  Mine is by Fearne Cotton from last years Christmas collection at Boots.  It's a durable clamshell design with 2 mirrors inside and I just love the design on the outside, a combination of florals and scarab beetles.  It's such a shame this range is only ever available at Christmas as I have several of the make up products too and they are amazing quality!  I'm so gutted I will miss the range this year whilst I'm in Australia.

What make up essentials do you always make sure you have to hand?

Jen
xoxo

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin